Our business manager is responsible for all operational functions within the school including finance, administration, HR, premises, contracts and Health & Safety. The role includes:
- Working closely with the head teacher and Governors.
- Providing accurate and timely financial reporting and management information.
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements with appropriate systems and policies.
- Managing and improving the estate including maintenance and capital projects.
- Managing 3rd party supply contracts including ICT, HR, H&S, cleaning & catering, ensuring high quality service and value for money procurement.
- Building relationships with across a diverse range of stakeholders & advisers.
- Ad hoc project work as required.
We are looking for someone who is likely to currently be working in a leadership or management position. Previous experience/ knowledge of working in the education sector is desirable, but not essential. More important is a demonstrable relevant attitude and skill set, as well as experience of providing quality support, ideally in a cross functional operational role.
Some evening working is required to attend Governor meetings (on average two per term).
- A vibrant and creative school environment
- A committed, supportive and friendly team who work together to achieve the best outcomes for our children and families
- Opportunities for professional development supported by internal expertise and outside collaboration
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to demonstrably share this commitment. Any successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.